Sunday, October 23, 2011

Project Porch Swing

Dan and I have been constructing a porch swing this weekend. Sadly, it's a lot harder than it looks. We bought the supplies over a year ago but finding the right tools, time to work, and motivation has been rather tricksy. As we were working we kept making adjustments to our master plans and so it turned out extremely different than our original dreams and sketches. Nonetheless I'm giddy about it all.





FINAL PRODUCT: We still have to add more support, attach the arm rests, and stain it, but the fact that it's hanging makes me super proud. As I was wielding various power tools, all I could think was "My brother Pat would be so proud of me right now." Working as a team was a party, but I don't think that wood working is my calling.

1 comment:

  1. i don't think i made a big enough deal about how cool it is that you made the swing when i saw it in person. IT IS SOOO COOL!!! (and i love that you updated your blog)

    ReplyDelete